Sunday 7 June 2015

Speechless!

Today I find myself, for the fourth day in a row, without a voice. I think the grandchildren are liking not having Nana hollering at them. They are asking me to repeat what I say so they can actually hear me! Oh well, the "quiet time" has given me some time to sew on a teddy bear and do a bit of knitting.

I have been working on a new teddy bear. I plan to lay this one on her tummy and kick her feet in the air or sit with her legs hanging off the edge of the shelf. Can't wait to get her finished to see if my plan worked. She is going to be tiny when she sits, probably about three inches (or less) from her bum to her ears. It is going to be hard to measure her as she doesn't stand. Here's her wee leg...

I hope to finish this by the end of the weekend and be able to post pics to show you what I mean. I have most of the other pieces sewn and waiting for the legs. If I would just get busy, I could finish it! How do you "dress" a teddy bear who is laying on her tummy anyway???

I know that dishcloths are the easiest thing in the world to knit, but I enjoy taking those with me in my "go bag".  I find them an easy, instant gratification project that will go anywhere. I can always gift them and I am teaching my granddaughters to knit by making them.  The problem is I really don't like unfinished projects, so I find myself pulling from my bag to finish up. Am I OCD or what?????

We spent the afternoon at Mayo Thursday. Shane is still all clear and getting raving reports from his oncologists.  We are so thankful for the continued healing and strength. Our two year battle with colo-rectal cancer seems to be over. We pray he remains all clear and the cancer doesn't come back. His doctors are keeping a close eye on him, he sees them every three months for now.

Thanks for stopping by, I appreciate you. Don't forget to post here, on our Facebook page "The Crafter's Thread", or wherever you like, but let us see what you're doing. I find great inspiration from you.

happy crafting,

Debi


No comments:

Post a Comment