Wednesday 14 November 2018

Reveal and BIG BooBoo

I knew I would have to write a memory of a mistake sooner or later! Well, in the scheme of things, I guess it could have been way worse, but this one was totally my fault. I knew that somewhere along the way I would get my lights and darks mixed up. We are making a two colour quilt, so we can't just "make it work" by adding another colour or something. BUT, I am absolutely loving what our amazing quilters are doing with MY mistake. I am also humbled by the response I have received from the post of my mistake. I love that most just see it as a challenge to come up with a creative way to show their talent. Others are making more of the colour I mixed up on and using the leftovers of the opposite colour to add a creative flair to the back. 

I just love our group and their encouragement! Snowflake Splendour is now a "finished" flimsy to get quilted. All in all, a very good experience for me. Also a good experience for our quilters as they get to use their own creative flair to put a masterpiece together. Thanks to all of you for your gracious response to my GINORMOUS BOO BOO! You rock!

Happy Stitching!
Debi

3 comments:

  1. You rock, Debi!!! Thank you for everything you do for the group!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a beautiful pattern and there so much you can do with it to switch it up. I love, love, love your quilt. Thank you for all you do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Run it by us again some day-with NO booboo and we'll all have another SPLENDID quilt!!! It is gorgeous in all its "variations". Thank you, Debi!

    ReplyDelete