Thursday 2 February 2017

A Little Different

I decided to try something a bit different Tuesday. I decided to design a bent leg teddy bear. I am hoping I got the proportions correct as it is a bit harder with a bent leg....measuring length and bulkiness of the leg compared to the body and arms. This one has big ears and pretty big feet...we will see! The pattern is laying on my light mat, which I love. I enjoy being able to see through the paper to the part I have designed underneath. It makes it very easy to picture the finished product. I will get started on this when I finish the fluff ball. I haven't had much time to sew with designing, tea staining, and taking care of the house and our mini-farm (trying to use eggs everyday...the baking keeps me busy!).


Speaking of baking, I made my fourth Angel Food Cake today with those eggs and WOW! I got it. It takes patience with a bit of trial and error, but I finally did it. It raised so much it dropped onto the oven racks. It tastes so good. I got the recipe down and (if you can't already tell) I am pretty pleased with myself! 

I can't believe it is February already. Seems it was just Christmas and we were planning food and making gifts for our family and friends. Valentines Day is right around the corner and then St. Pats! Easter will be here before we know it! Always a good reason to make cards, specialty bears, holiday quilts as table runners and wall hangings, and scrapbook pages. There is so much fun to be had! I hope you are having fun with whatever it is that makes you happy. I got to spend time in my happy place today, hope you do too.

Have an awesome day!
Debi

No comments:

Post a Comment