Wednesday 10 May 2017

Freakishly Busy

As I sit here a rest for a minute, I think back on my week (and it's only Wednesday!). It has been crazy busy with all the preparations for the mother and daughter lunch at our church on Saturday. I have also been testing for Jess again. I am starting another mystery quilt on the Quilters Club of America site...yesterday the fabric requirements went live. I have also had a kidney infection for over two weeks and it has landed me on my backside. Fortunately, I started feeling better yesterday and hope to be back to normal very soon. It has taken two different antibiotics to get here, but God is healing and I'm doing much better.

Our theme for the lunch is Mother's Apron. These are the place cards, I will be writing names on the little tags hanging around the "neck" of these aprons. I think I may put something nice in the little pocket as well. We are going to have a lot of fun. I'm really looking forward to it. I will be decorating with things my grandma may have had in her kitchen.

Here is the fabric I chose to do my mystery with. It only takes three fabrics. I called it Butterfly Kisses. It is a nice quilt, intricate blocks that I made easy even though they look difficult. I love doing this for the quilters in web land. It is a lot of fun! The one we finished a month ago was a huge success. Everyone loved the pattern and their finished quilts are just beautiful. This one is a bit harder than those before, but I know they can do it. I have separated it into small achievable bits. We will be finished the last week of June. Mysteries are a good way to make quilts in a timely manner. I love them.

Well, rest time is over and I need to get back to work. Still so much to do!

Have an amazing week.
Debi



No comments:

Post a Comment