Wednesday 24 May 2017

Unexpected Blessings...

Seems my Tuesday plans flew right out the window. We got a last minute booking for Monday night and my day did not work out the way I planned. The group was large (ten people from India, Australia, and Auckland) and I really wasn't in the best of moods to have visitors. I admit, when we got the email I was like, "please not tonight, Lord" but He had different plans. We scurried about cleaning the house and making beds for this large group. They arrived very late in the evening (about 9:30pm) and dinner was served. We left the mess for morning and a better frame of mind! Tuesday we got to chat a bit more and found out the are Christians. We began to "talk shop" and even sang some hymns. It was just the thing I needed to re-focus my vision.

I didn't get time to sew, but I did get to iron some previously sewn units. I also had a few minutes to stitch on a teddy bear. I hope to get more time today to work on a beautiful quilt I designed, tweaking it yesterday for the final product. I can't wait to start! I love designing, whether it is a teddy bear or a quilt, I love every aspect...even the failures, of which I had an epic failure over the weekend. I was trying to sort out the math for this new quilt and decided to cut fabric on my (wrong) dimensions...WOW! the result was miserable. Guess it is true that Rome wasn't built in a day! And, if at first you don't succeed...... I ended up actually drawing the unit on a grid and coloring it in with colored pencils and then I had that light bulb moment All I needed to see was a picture on a grid! Phew! AND, the mystery quilt on QCA had a clue go out Monday (because I wanted my Tuesday....), never a dull moment! I love being busy!

Gotta scoot for now and get busy! I have tons of washing to do, bedrooms to tidy, yesterday's washing to fold and put away (just towels), and tonight is church. AND, I want some time to cut and sew from my new grid attempt. Hope you have an amazing day and you have more spare time that I do! Enjoy and take time to do something you love.

Happy Crafting,
Debi


No comments:

Post a Comment