Saturday 24 December 2016

Christmas...

As Christmas quickly approaches, it is hard for me to get into the spirit. We will be sharing our first Christmas alone in a very long time. We are very fortunate to have a family in our church who will also be alone to spend it with us. We will have a house full tomorrow for baking and then Christmas morning with them. Looking forward to that. We will miss our own family though. God always provides for us. In Luke, God promised that if we gave up our family to serve Him, He would bless beyond measure and He has held true to His  promise.

I have been busy trying to catch up on a lot of projects I have been lazy with. I have been spending time making my teddy bears and not working so hard on my mystery quilts for the Quilters Club of America. I finished the instructions for the third one I have done and it is with the testers now. The fourth one is in the machine waiting for me to finish it up, which I am going to do just after I post this! The pic is black and white because the mystery quilt is right there in plain sight!!!!!



I have also started with a bullet journal. We will be having a busy year in 2017 and I want to keep track of everything. I started with this spiral bound pad, but quickly decided I couldn't use a spiral bound one as I couldn't write close to the binding. I went on the hunt for a non-spiral journal that would lay flat and found one, then began the tedious work of transferring the info from one journal to the other. Fortunately, I had only done two days in the first one and was able to quickly and painlessly transfer my work. For more info on bullet journals, see bulletjournal.com 


Staying busy,

Debi 




No comments:

Post a Comment