Thursday 29 December 2016

Prayer Bear...

I designed a new bear and did a few things differently than I normally do. I moved the arm joints and made the feet huge. I made huge ears and a four piece body to have more control over the podgy-ness. However, I moved the arms too far forward. I now have a prayer bear. It was an accident, but I love the end result! I haven't finished the face yet, but you can at least get an idea about how it will look with its hands folded for prayer. I love these kind of mistakes! I may use the body again as it is a nice "beary" body and is adorable. I will change the joint marks though, change the ears, and maybe the feet too. We will just have to see what kind of a mood I am in!


Now with Christmas over and the New Year quickly approaching, I am just hanging out in my sewing room and enjoying the break from baking, cooking, and cleaning.  I plan to finish this bear, design another quilt and bear. I want to make a handbag for Mrs. French Bear. I also would love to figure out how to make a really cute tutu for Ms. Ballerina Bear. I am working on her ballet slippers, I have some really good ideas on those. I just have too much to do! I'm thankful it's all fun! 

What are your craft plans for the new year? New craft to learn, finish all those UFOs (un-finished objects) or WIPs (work in progress)? I hope, whatever your crafty plans are for the new year, you accomplish your goals and maybe even make some pocket change (or more!!) in the process!

Have a great day and New Year!

Debi

No comments:

Post a Comment