Saturday 18 March 2017

Bad Hair Day

No matter how hard I tried, this poor bear is having a bad hair day. At least I found the bear under all the fur. It was a challenge finding her face and then how much to pluck. Should I pluck, should I shave... so many questions. I really did just sit at stare at her for a while. Now she is sitting on my antique set of drawers showing off her character. I had originally thought it might be a boy and I would leave the beard, old man glasses, and dress in a bow tie, but the more I looked at her and began stitching her face, I knew she had to be a girl bear. I designed a pair of wings, I may add those to this bear, all that fur will hide the elastic arm bands. I will have to make them dark though, not the tea stained piece I thought I would use...her fur is the same color!!!

I have another bear cut out that I am working on now. The fur isn't nearly as long as this one. It is very dense though, so it takes me a while to clear the seam allowance and stitch together. I'll get there! I am also still working on the cloth bear, painting the boots on and filling everything tightly. I have way too much fun!

Our first homestay guests are very nice young people from the USA, here on a working holiday. I did get to finish the cleaning and everything was ready when I needed it to be. I baked an angel food cake, zucchini loaf, and cinnamon rolls for breakfast. We also smoked a trout, YUM! Not a bad start to a weekend, I'd say.

Have a great weekend. Thanks for reading. 
Debi

No comments:

Post a Comment