Friday 17 March 2017

Homestay Adventures...

 We decided a couple months ago to open our home as a homestay for tourists. It is sort of like a bed and breakfast, but not really. We provide the evening meal, a bed, bathroom, breakfast, and fishing/guiding instruction. We were looking forward to our first clients coming in April. Then we heard from one of the websites we advertise on that we had a booking for TONIGHT!!! I have been cleaning said bathrooms, making beds, and planning meals today, while Shane cleared the stream from the flood this past Sunday. He also mowed, but couldn't complete that job as the ground was still to soft and gooey to mow. 

Today, we will finish making ready and hopefully, I will be able to play a bit before our guests arrive. I didn't get anything done on the bear yesterday as I have had a sore throat for six days and I really don't feel all that well. I just keep taking vitamin C and drinking gallons of water, I am hoping it leaves soon, I am really tired of not feeling well! My doctor tweaked the medications she has me on for the arthritis, adding an anti-inflamatory in the mix.  It seems to be working well. YAY!

Hope you have an amazing day! Can't wait to see what you are working on! 

Bye for now,
Debi

No comments:

Post a Comment