Saturday 4 March 2017

Homework

As I sit here and type Katelyn is in the corner of my computer screen on facetime reading to me and I am enjoying the time together. We do homework each school day. This time is precious for me. We are creating memories that will last a lifetime and I am able, to help them learn. What a rewarding time for me. We are reading Dr. Seuss right now! I love his stories! 

When we are together, I have a smaller sewing machine that I set up beside mine and we sew together. She has made a table topper and she loves to sew. Gage, her brother, has made a lap quilt for his momma. I enjoy that time as well. I miss my grandbabies.

As I miss them, I just sew for them and it makes me feel better. I have a quilt to sandwich and quilt here for their baby brother (who's 3 now). I need to make a new one for the other grandchildren as well. As their interests change, I make new ones for them. I need to make a new one for my own bed as well. Seems there is always something to do. I am uploading clues to the Quilters Club of America site for the 13th Mystery Quilt. The fabric requirements are up, nothing more to post until the 14th of March. I gave them two weeks to acquire their fabric. I need to update them to include a larger size quilt.

I am working on two fur teddy bears and a cloth bear. I am loving the bit of free time I have today. Tomorrow starts another week where we don't have a lot on the calendar, so I will have a bit of free time this week as well. I do need to get some vests done for the kids club at church. But, that requires sewing, so it will be "fun" to complete.

Gonna sign off and get busy on the vests. Hope your day and weekend are fantastic. Thanks for reading along.

Happily stitching along,
Debi

No comments:

Post a Comment