Thursday 16 March 2017

I Know There is a Bear in There!

I did get most of yesterday afternoon to work on this furry thing. I believe this is the first one of this size that has this type of mohair. It was a bit hard to close the openings and put the joint in the neck as the fur is SOOOO long, I really couldn't see what I was doing!! I know that once I start shaving and plucking around the face and ears, it will look more like a bear and less like the pile of fur it currently looks like! That will be my job for today! I get to finally give this fur ball all the character he deserves.  I may leave some of the beard and make him look like an old man bear. I'm thinking a pair of old man glasses would do him justice as well! I am really looking forward to just playing with his face and fur to let his character show.

I have been freezing tons of fruit and veggies for the winter. It keeps me busy, but we will love it in the winter. I haven't had a lot of time in my sewing room lately because of the gardens. We are coming to the end though, so I will have more time to create and sew. I am also pretty busy with the Quilters Club of America mystery quilt. I posted the first clue yesterday. It's not too late if you want to join in:  http://www.quiltersclubofamerica.com/groups/mystery_quilt_13/default.aspx  We have picked our fabrics and started cutting and stitching. We have tons of fun, it's like having a quilters guild in your sewing room, that is if you have your computer in your sewing room like me!

Time to get busy! Thanks for reading. I would love to see what you're working on.

Sew long for now,
Debi

No comments:

Post a Comment