Saturday 25 March 2017

My Happy Place

I am pretty excited and happy with myself as I got the next mystery quilt fabric chosen and cut so all I have to do is sew now. I like to stay a few ahead of everyone, just in case something happens and I don't have time to prepare one. I still have one finished and this one, making me two ahead. Pictured here are all the bits and bobs for the quilt....we have hst units, flying geese units, squares, hourglasses, and only three fabrics! I am quite excited to start sewing. I need to finish this bear though as it is all sewn, just need to fill it and give it character. I love the fur, it is so soft, I just want to pet the teddy bear all day! I don't think I will dress this one, as the fur is so lovely to play with...maybe just a bow tie or scarf for the neck.

This weekend is our annual missions conference at the church. We have visitors from Australia staying with us, he is preaching our conference. She is a beginning quilter, so we have a lot to talk about. It has been very nice so far! We will be at church Friday evening, Saturday is an international dinner with a service to follow, and all day Sunday. Praying God restores our burden to see the world as He does, and to follow through and support missions with our time, talents, and money. Plus, Sunday is Youth Day at our home...the youth come out and play in the woods, tube down the stream, and have sing songs...such a fun day!

Well, time to get busy and fill this bear. I will try to sew tomorrow afternoon. If I don't have time, it will probably be Monday before I can get to it. I love being busy, but I love to sew as well! Until next time, thanks for reading. Have an awesome weekend!

In the words of Winnie the Pooh, 
Ta Ta for Now,
Debi
 

No comments:

Post a Comment