Thursday 9 March 2017

Of Ducks and Dogs

It has been a week full of doing things for the animals. We were given a duck this week and she seems to be getting along with our other two very well. She is solid white and was very skinny when we got her.  She is putting on weight, we were looking at her today and she is already looking so much better. We got her because a friend's neighbor found her in with her chickens, she asked us if we could look after another one because she was being tormented by the chickens, or maybe she was the tormentor, I don't remember! Anyway, we are loving her. She's gorgeous. She isn't laying eggs yet, but I am sure once they all settle in, they will start again. They are pretty faithful!! Our chickens are more faithful at this point. We get six eggs from six chickens...half a dozen a day!

 And Zoey got a hair cut today and feels like her usual princess self again. She loves being pampered and then for mum and dad to pick her up. She loves her bows, but only for a little while, then she starts tries scratching it off.  I keep the wee bows and use them on my teddy bears....so adorable.

Hope your day is fantastic. I am going to take the afternoon to sew. I haven't sewn for myself in a couple weeks. I am looking forward to some quiet time. It has been a crazy busy summer...believe it or not, looking forward to winter when we are inside more and have more spare time to enjoy my crafts and his fishing.

Thanks for reading!
Debi

No comments:

Post a Comment