Wednesday 4 January 2017

Mysteries...

This is the mystery quilt Jess over at The Quilt and Needle designed for her December Mystery. I made it as her tester. I love it, it was fun and oh so easy with Jess' directions. I may make it again with different colors. I think I would change the light blue as it seems a bit out of place in this colorway. It is a bunk twin size right now, I may also double it and make a king as I really like the pattern! This isn't finished as it isn't backed, batted, or quilted yet. I may put a solid dark blue border on it, just so the eye has a place to res. I think it is an amazing design. Jess included a bonus pattern and a pieced backing pattern with this one! Check out Jess' fantastic quilt designs at thequiltandneedle.com.


Speaking of mysteries, I see Bonnie Hunter is finished with her yearly scrappy mystery. This year it had a French theme and is another beautiful quilt. You can find her at quiltville.blogspot.com. Her mystery has a tab. You need a lot of scraps or a bit of yardage if you want to do hers this year. It is really cool how she takes scraps and makes beautiful quilts! I do hers each year. She usually starts the end of November and tries to be finished by the New Year.

AND, my new mystery is in the works for Quilters Club of America. I am excited to get our start date. I have the testers moving along, one is finished and checking grammar. The other one is making sure my math is correct and taking the wordy bits and making it more readable. Then we will publish it on their site. If they can't give us a start date soon, I may just upload it here and do the next one on their site.

All will be revealed!

Debi
 

No comments:

Post a Comment