Tuesday 24 January 2017

Time Never Wasted...

Image result for Praising the Lord clipartWell, it has been a few days since I posted. It has been a crazy busy weekend. We started Friday with a couple of "my girls" coming to help me bake some cookies for Sunday and to get ready for Saturday. I made beds for them and tidied the house Friday, I also harvested and baked zucchini bread for Saturday morning. The girls and I baked two types of cookies and called it a night...fun food and fellowship, what could be better!!

Saturday started early doing the final preparations for the "Mum's Spa Day" for the mums of the girls in my Sunday School class. We did facials, manicures, and pedicures. A good time was had by both the mums and my girls. We finished around lunch then went to a cafe in town and had some lunch. Very special time with my girls and their mums. We also collected a couple of young people from church as their parents were out of town for the weekend. So, more sheets and towels to do, hehe! 

Sunday was a fantastic day at church! In the afternoon we had 18 youth and 4 adults at our home for an afternoon of fun, food, and games. We had such a fantastic time! I love ministering to these young people. They are our future and time spent with them is never wasted. In the evening service, we had a guest preacher, an actor who portrays great preachers of the past and "Charles Spurgeon" was our preacher. Then we had the preacher and his wife in our home for the night and into Monday afternoon. What a sweet time of fellowship. 

Needless to say, this chook is tired and ready for a day of rest. I haven't had much time to spend in my craftroom, but that's ok. I was able to do some baking, entertaining, and listening which I love and am reasonably good at! I am thanking the LORD for keeping us busy and close to Him.
Image result for Praising the Lord clipart 
Debi

No comments:

Post a Comment